Friday, December 21, 2012

Hes Done His Time

Today is the day my dad signed his release forms from the military.
He is officially retired as of 10:30 this morning he his no longer in the military
My dad joined the military September 17th 1981
He's been to sea. he's been posted
and  33 years later
He's living in the valley with my step mom and starting his new life of doing nothing!
 
 
I went to his retirement ceremony and I too received a certificate!
 
My dad when he first started !
My dad 33 years later receiving the Queens Diamond Jubilee medal 
 All his medals from over the years , which now he has in a box for show
Me and my dad in the newspaper in 2003 when he came home from being at sea for 6 months. I would not stop crying and I was not letting him go !
 
I'm very proud of him :)
 
Happy holidays
 
Jenn xo
 

3 comments:

  1. Aw this is a really sweet post dedicated to your daddy! :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is my other half so to speak ! :)

      Delete
  2. You should be proud of him! It's not easy to take that time away from your family and give it to your country!

    ReplyDelete